Once I can successfully get a static build going on RHEL 4 (still having
problems with the lack of gnutls_transport_set_global_errno), I'll look
into these issues.  libgcrypt and libgnutls are definitely not
cross-compatible, so the -static switch to build-xorg will probably have
to accommodate those libs as well as the others.

I'm hoping that the new Xorg 7.5 patches you just checked in will
eliminate the build issue I had previously that was preventing me from
using Xorg 7.5.  If so, I will generate a static Xvnc binary and look
into linking statically with gnutls.  I then want to try out the
security features to make sure they behave like I expect, and I'll be
cool with releasing the alpha at that point.

What is the situation with respect to doing Windows builds?  I have
never successfully managed to build WinVNC.  Did those patches ever make
it into a release of MinGW?