On 7/19/11 5:01 PM, Robert Goley wrote:
> The first issue is with the security types.  I am specifying "
> -SecurityTypes TLSVnc,VncAuth" on the server.  When I connect with all
> client options enabled, it uses TLSVnc.  When I connect with ALL TLS
> options unchecked, it still connects TLSAuth.  Why is that?  Did I not
> specify the server option correctly or is the client ignoring the
> allowed connection methods?  The same thing happens with whatever I
> select as the first option on the server.  If I select VncAuth, it never
> allows using TLS even if it is the next in the list.

I don't think anything has changed on the server end, so can you test
this with the 1.1 beta client (my latest build of that is at the same
place you found 1.2 alpha) and see if the same things happens?  That
will tell us whether it's a regression or whether it's a design flaw.

> The third issue has to do with the Mac app bundle.  I LIKE having an app
> bundle and a interface that does not require X11.  I usually have more
> than one VNC session up at a time.  The app bundle only allows one
> connection at a time.  If I click on it again, it does not relaunch a
> viewer.  I don't see an option inside the viewer to open a second
> connection either.  I know the latter was done by TightVNC but I am
> unsure if it was in the 4.x codebase.  Either opening a new view from
> the app or a new connection from the viewer would work fine for me.  Any
> suggestions?

I can look into that.