The attached spreadsheet shows the low-level performance effects of
enabling and disabling the CUT, as well as the effect of changing its
block size to 256 x 256 instead of the default of 16 x 16.  Tests were

Nice work!

If Cendio wants the CUT always enabled for their product, then that is
easily accomplished by modifying the vncserver startup script, which I
assume is something they already do.  I do not think that enabling it by

Actually, we are not using the vncserver startup script at all. The ThinLinc session manager executes Xvnc directly. Of course it is still possible for us to have different defaults than the upstream TigerVNC, even though we generally tries to avoid this.

Regards, ---
Peter Åstrand           ThinLinc Chief Developer
Cendio AB               http://www.cendio.com
Wallenbergs gata 4
583 30 Linköping        Phone: +46-13-21 46 00