Bug Tracker item #3429667, was opened at 2011-10-28 02:25
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by bphinz
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1126848&aid=3429667&group_id=254363

not just the latest update.
Category: FLTK viewer
Group: trunk

Initial Comment:
The 1.1.80 Tigervnc Viewer has no listen option (in 1.1.0 it is working).
Both the FLTK and Java viewer has this option missing.

Comment By: Brian Hinz (bphinz)
Date: 2011-11-23 11:14

Message:
I think that issue is unrelated to the -listen option but rather it's
caused by some mistakes in the Tight decoder.  Try using 24bpp depth and
see if it works.  I made some fixes to the decoder and underlying
networking components over the last few days but have not committed any of
the changes back to the repository yet (hopefully in the next few days).

Comment By: Robert (ragoley)
Date: 2011-11-23 07:42

Message:
The -listen option seems to work but the viewer crashes with this error:
"com.tigervnc.rdr.Exception: ZlibInStream: inflate failed.".

The java version in Debian Lenny is listed as:

java version "1.6.0_26"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode)

Below is the crash info from the terminal.

main: Listening on port 9999
CConn: Accepted connection from /192.168.128.128:47396::47396
CConnection: Server supports RFB protocol version 3.3
CConnection: Using RFB protocol version 3.3
CConnection: processing security types message
CConn: Using pixel format depth 16 (16bpp) little-endian rgb max
63488,1984,62 shift 0,0,0
CConn: Using Tight encoding
com.tigervnc.rdr.Exception: ZlibInStream: inflate failed
        at com.tigervnc.rdr.ZlibInStream.decompress(ZlibInStream.java:127)
        at com.tigervnc.rdr.ZlibInStream.overrun(ZlibInStream.java:96)
        at com.tigervnc.rdr.InStream.check(InStream.java:36)
        at com.tigervnc.rdr.InStream.readBytes(InStream.java:103)
        at com.tigervnc.rfb.TightDecoder.readRect(TightDecoder.java:216)
        at com.tigervnc.rfb.CMsgReader.readRect(CMsgReader.java:111)
        at com.tigervnc.rfb.CMsgReaderV3.readMsg(CMsgReaderV3.java:87)
        at com.tigervnc.rfb.CConnection.processMsg(CConnection.java:59)
        at com.tigervnc.vncviewer.VncViewer.run(VncViewer.java:224)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

The remote server in this case is TightVNC 1.2.9 as released in Debian
Lenny.

Comment By: Kertesz Laszlo (gradinaruvasile)
Date: 2011-10-31 00:28

Message:
The problem is that i dont have experience building java code. If you could
attach the compiled jar i would be glad to try it.

Comment By: Brian Hinz (bphinz)
Date: 2011-10-30 09:10

Message:
I've just committed r4744 which adds support for listen mode to the trunk
version of  the java viewer.  I've only done minimal testing to verify that
it works.  Please try and report  any issues back.

Thanks,
-brian