Bug Tracker item #3465458, was opened at 2011-12-25 10:57
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by astrand
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1126848&aid=3465458&group_id=254363

not just the latest update.
Category: UN*X version
Group: 1.1.X

Initial Comment:
takeFocus() attemts to get the focus even if the window is not mapped. This
causes a crash when the server selection dialog is iconified and receives the
focus. This is 100% reproducable with MWM or 4DWM. This can be avoided by
checking if the window is visible (patch below) or, as qt does in
qapplication_x11.cpp, by using an XSetErrorHandler() that just ignores
BadMatches from XSetInputFocus() calls, e.g. iif (err->error_code == BadMatch
&& err->request_code == 42 /* X_SetInputFocus */) {return 0;}

The error message when crashing is:

X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  42 (X_SetInputFocus)
  Serial number of failed request:  527

Date: 2011-12-28 00:00

Message:
Thanks for the patch. However, we are migrating to the new FLTK based
vncviewer, so I'm not sure how useful it is to change the legacy viewer. It
has been removed from trunk.