Feature Request Tracker item #3466072, was opened at 2011-12-27 07:10
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1126849&aid=3466072&group_id=254363

not just the latest update.
Category: FLTK viewer
Group: trunk

Initial Comment:
It seems that current beta binaries (1.2 beta 1) are compiled without
"-DHAVE_FLTK_FULLSCREEN=1" CMake macro.
This removes the FullScreen menu entry from the F8 menu and the FullScreen menu
entry in the options menu only leads to a "pseudo" fullscreen mode (full screen
window, but with window borders).
If there is an additional build planned, it would be nice to re-enable this
feature (In tigervnc 1.1.0 this feature was also available).

Thanks and
Best Regards,
Werner

Comment By: dynamodan ()
Date: 2011-12-29 10:13

Message:
@werner-b The one in the F8 menu is missing, only the one in the options
menu is present.

Also, I would like info on how to build the viewer myself.  For example
what build system/toolchain/ command is used for building for linux.  On
ubuntu, when I follow the `cmake -G "Unix Makefiles"; make` commands,   I
get "warning: you are not using libjpeg-turbo" but I have libjpeg-turbo8
and libjpeg-turbo8-dev installed. Then make fails with a complain that it
can't find libjpeg.so.

When I replace libjpeg-turbo8 with the ordinary libjpeg8, that command goes
away but then when building vncviewer it fails with

Linking CXX executable vncviewer
/usr/bin/ld: ../common/fltk/src/libfltk_static.a(fl_font.cxx.o): undefined
reference to symbol 'FcUtf8ToUcs4'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'FcUtf8ToUcs4' is defined in DSO
//usr/lib64/libfontconfig.so.1 so try adding it to the linker command line

So anyway I would love to get some help with this, I wanted to try figuring
out the CTRL key troubles too (another ticket).  I'm on Ubuntu 10.04LTS
64-bit, not afraid of running compilers etc (I'm a web developer by day)
and excited about the recent progress on TurboVNC.  I'm trying to migrate
from TurboVNC.  werner-b if you are around, please PM me on skype, my id is
the same as what I'm posting under (if you have a moment)

Comment By: Werner B. (werner-b)