>From my point of view (which is relevant because the new TurboVNC Java
Viewer and the TigerVNC 1.2 Java Viewer are about to share a very
similar code base), the ability to do -via and basic SSH tunneling
within the Java viewer will be very useful, but the ability to forward
arbitrary ports probably won't be for us.

We've discussed this in the context of the TigerVNC C client in the
past, and while it is certainly possible, it would introduce some
additional complexity, since the viewer would need to depend on libssh.
 In order to achieve the same performance that can already be achieved
with an external SSH binary (through the -via feature), libssh would
need to be built against OpenSSH rather than GnuTLS.  It's not
impossible, but it just creates yet another security layer, which makes
an already difficult-to-build project even moreso.  Mainly, the
difficulty would be encountered on platforms like Windows, where there
is no built-in OpenSSH library.  The assumption is that, with most *nix
systems, it would be the job of the distro maintainer to stay abreast of
security fixes in their distribution-supplied versions of OpenSSH and
GnuTLS.

As far as one-time password support, that is a server-side feature.  The
client treats OTPs just like any other VNC password.