On 2/15/13 3:38 AM, Pierre Ossman wrote:
> But GPLv2 is broken, that's the point. Instead of me trying to
> reiterate things, I'll just point to FSF's page on the matter:
>
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/quick-guide-gplv3.html

We've been through this before.  FSF thinks GPL v2 is broken, and Linus
thinks GPL v3 is broken.  You can choose your own religion on the
matter, but I don't think everything that either party says should be
considered gospel, personally.  The FSF wrote the license, so of course
they're going to be in favor of it.

I will refer you to my previous response on the matter:
https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=21930606

I look at this from a risk management point of view.  The chances of
someone abusing the GPL v2 in such a way that the GPL v3 would protect
against it are miniscule.  The chances of isolating TigerVNC from the
rest of the VNC community by upgrading its license are, on the other
hand, about 100%.