Hello,

I test Tika projet, and I like it, it is very useful.
I use the ParseUtils.getStringContent() like this :

ParseUtils.getStringContent(myfile, TikaConfig.getDefaultConfig();

I have a NullPointerException if the mime type is application/octet-stream.
Is it normal ? I download the source and I test, I found this arrived in the

public static String getStringContent(InputStream stream, TikaConfig config, String mimeType) throws TikaException, IOException {
       try {
           Parser parser = config.getParser(mimeType);
           ContentHandler handler = new BodyContentHandler();
           parser.parse(stream, handler, new Metadata());
           return handler.toString();
       }
       catch (SAXException e) {
           throw new TikaException("Unexpected SAX error", e);
       }
   }

If the mimetype is application/octet-stream, the line
Parser parser = config.getParser(mimeType);
return a null object

and the line
parser.parse(stream, handler, new Metadata());
throw a NullPointerException

Is it normal ?

Thank's for this good project.

Guillaume LOUVEL