Inline

On Nov 15, 2008, at 1:02 PM, Uwe Schindler wrote:

Hallo people,

As noted in my reply to the ODF thread, I think the SAX-design of TIKA is really great. I submitted two patches for extension of TIKA. If you like my work and you would like to get more SAX-enabled document parsers (like the OpenXML for Office 2007) just let me know. I am rather new to your project and your coding styles, but I hope, may patches look good for you. They
still need some JavaDocs but this I s astart.

If you are interested, I would also work with SVN directly (I created my patches with SVN), and may commit my code directly. Just inform me about
that and if you would like to allow me that and how the workflows are.

Not to discourage you, but more to educate, generally speaking we open up access to SVN after several contributions and the earning of "merit" as determined by the Lucene PMC. This is often referred to as the Apache Way, or at least it is a part of the Apache way.

For guidelines on becoming a committer, see http://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/howtobecomeacommitter.html (they are for Mahout, a sister project of Tika's under the Lucene umbrella, but they more or less (unofficially) sum up the Lucene PMC's position on adding committers)

So, basically, keep up the work and stick around and you will likely become a committer at some point in the (near) future.

Cheers,
Grant