Hi,

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:28 AM, Tom Conlon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes, for some reason mvn doesn't get hold of poi correctly,
> It seems that poi it must be built independently...

Maven should automatically download the POI 3.0-FINAL jar when you do
the build. I have the following after building Tika 0.1 with an empty
local repository:

$ md5sum ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/poi/poi/3.0-FINAL/poi-3.0-FINAL.jar
9b2651dbc187f57c48ad06f85a0a38ce [...]

Do you have some repository proxy configured?

PS. Note that the svn trunk of Tika has been much improved since the
0.1 release. We're hoping to have a 0.2 release out soon.

BR,

Jukka Zitting