David Kirkby wrote:

Can anyone tell me the difference between the two above oscillators? I have the manual for the 97page manual (page 2 is upside down), but it does not mention the latter.

However, I think I have seen a small couple of page document somewhere which listed the 10811-60111 as having no specification for phase noise, and so therefore not an ideal choice for a low phase noise oscillator. One might as well start with something that is specified for a low phase noise.

I can't however now find the exact spec of the 10811-60111. Can anyone give me it?

I won an auction for a 10811A on eBay and the seller said I could have a 10811-60111 for the same price if I wanted it too. I said no, I wanted the 10811A, but he has sent me the 10811-60111 instead.

Is the 10811-60111 inferior? How does it differ from the 10811A?

Check http://www.febo.com/time-freq/hardware/HP10811-Specs.pdf which is an HP document (reproduced with permission) that outlines all the various versions of the 10811 and their specs.

John