A FRK-L or M100, or LPro are good units. Make sure the buyer throws in the I/O connector and a manual. I beleive the best is the SRS PRS10, it cost more, but it has great specs and it has a built in disciplining circuit - if it hooked up to a 1 PPS from a timing GPS receiver.

Certain FE5680s should be avoided - some are custom made for the cellular industry and they are programmable via DDS. Nobody has been able to supply the RIGHT programing information. The units are also not stock - the pinouts are different then advertised.

Christopher Hoover wrote:

hi folks.

i intend to buy a used rubidium standard (10MHz preferrably), probably off
of e-bay.
a few questions for you gurus:  any models that are especially winning?  any
models i should avoid?  other caveats?

thanks,
christopher.

ch<<<<at>>>>murgatroid<<<<dot>>>>com