----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Ciholas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement" <time-nuts@febo.com>
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 7:34 AM
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Low cost synchronization

Yes, it would.  The devices are part of a social experiment and
are meant to be carried by humans.  The devices, at preprogrammed
times, signal the human with an audio signal.  We want all the
devices to create this signal "simultaneously", which means
something on the order of a few seconds variation among all the
units anywhere in the world.

Mike
While a fascinating engineering challenge, I fail to see the need for such accurate timing, given the typically wide ranging timeframe for human response to similar signals -eg cell phones ringing, etc.
Or is it enough for the user to merely be aware of the audible prompt?
Is it possible to elaborate?
Regards
Dave Brown, NZ