At 9:58 PM -0400 9/12/05, xaos wrote:

The 5370B's were much worse off.
It seems that they both suffer from failures
in the U24,25,26 chips on the Arming board.

How did you determine this?

Unfortunately, the two units are not identical
and I cannot cannibalize one to fix the other.

What I can do is use some chips from the 5370A
to fix the older model 5370B.

These EECL chips are indeed odd beasts. No data via Google; not in the Motorola book from 1980; I'd guess that this is a completely in-house logic family.

The Agilent website informs that this chip 5088-7082 was also used in the 5345A counter which is less desirable and more common (and cheaper).

So(at last) my question is:

Should I do this?

No. Buy a 5345A to cannibalize. They sell for under $50 on ebay.

Many thanks,

George Hrysanthopoulos, N2FGX

--

--David Forbes, Tucson, AZ