In message: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
            Gary Chatters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: John Ackermann N8UR wrote:
:
: >Hope everyone's getting ready for the big event.
: >
: >If all goes well, I'll be recording serial streams from a Z3801A GPS and
: >
: >
: What should we expect in the NMEA messages from a GPS receiver?
:
: The offset between GPS time and UTC is sent about every 12 minutes.  It
: could take a while for a GPS receiver to find out about the change.

The actual data that's sent in the alminac includes the current
offset, the future offset, and the time of the future offset change.

Warner