Hi Poul:

What is a "Frame rate cyclic averaging buffer"? Is this where you use a GRI generator to trigger sampling the incoming signal?

I've found that the quality of LORAN-C for timing depends on how close you are to the transmitter. When in the 100 mile range the quality is equal to better than GPS, but when it's many hundreds of miles there's a lot of variation. I'm attaching a gif of the spectrum here from 0 to 200 kHz that goes with the web page:
http://www.pacificsites.com/~brooke/Spec_0002.shtml

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke, N6GCE

--
w/Java http://www.PRC68.com
w/o Java http://www.pacificsites.com/~brooke/PRC68COM.shtml

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

In message <robkimberley1$86.140.134.222$.!&!AAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAAOYAZyOzV8ERq+
LmT45ypI7CgAAAEAAAAHZ+5J10IM9Kj/[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Rob Kimber
ley" writes:

Long time since I played with a LORAN-C timing receiver, but the Austron
units were good to a microsecond. Interesting to know what the newer
technology can manage.

For anyone wanting to play: the way forward is software defined radio:

        http://phk.freebsd.dk/loran-c

Poul-Henning

GIF image