I enjoy the memories this thread brings back, and the different view points
that each of us had. I too had my favorites but found my self working on some
strange choices. Just like today many projects that are one off the platform
maybe selected for only one reason it's presence. I often would recycle
obsolete but still in good shape hardware for a new task, the relative cost of
hardware vs the power to run these devices has made this less practical. Many
still use a desktop PC where a micro-controller would save many times the
power/carbon. I think my favorite micro has to be the one that fits the task
and hope I'm adaptable to make that choice.