I got to play with a custom .50 BMG that shoots meaningful groups at 1500
meters...  the maker's definition of "meaningful group" is "smaller than your
head".  I managed to put two rounds through pretty much the same hole.  Don't
know where most of the other 18 rounds went...  Then there was his .17 cal
varmint rifle.  Does wonders for groundhoggies at 500 yards.  Most gawd awful
recoil through.  I was black and blue for a month.  The barrel and all the
hardware in those guns is finished to optical tolerances and maintains it
despite having just a little less energy than a small nuke going off each time
you fire.