Just casting about for potential meridian locations that might explain the 12.5
minute difference. Maybe the central longitude of France is 12.5 minutes(of
time, 3 1/8th degrees of longitude) from Greenwich? (like India's time zone
being on the half hour). Things get done for funny reasons: After all, the
physical size of France is why ATM "cells" (packets) are 53 bytes (48 byte
payload) instead of either 32 byte or 64 byte payloads.