Sent: Monday, May 11, 2009 6:23 PM
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Help needed: Jupiter-T TU60-D120

Lasse,

If you are getting a Message ID 1180 at power-on you are in Navman bin
mode and the EEPROM power-on default has been set to this mode. You need
to send Message ID 1331 using LabMon to set it back to Motorola protocol
before TAC32 can talk to it.

Richard

I got a Jupiter-T TU60 off eBay and my intentions are (was) to get a
diciplined oscillator running.
Somehow I expected it to be pretty similar (command wise) to a TU-30
wich is up and running here, but must have missed the information that
it starts in Motorola Bin??

My TU60 will just say "ff 81 9c 04 01 00 00 00 64 79 00 00 00 00"  at
power-up (Message ID 1180) once, then nothing.
After installing TAC32 (demo) yesterday I managed (don't ask me how) get
the uint running, everything looked OK,  I then wanted to put it inot
Navman Bin mode. This should be safe as according to datasheet as it
will revert to Motorola commands when cycling the power. After trying
@@Wb, but nothing from Labmon/WinLabmon, and  now TAC32 cannot get in
contact with the GPS,
I let the GPS be off power over night but it sill refuses to connect to
TAC32.

Have I put my Jupiter in a mode that I cannot revert? It still reports
the MessageID 1180 at power-on.
Or was I just plain lucky once to somhow fool TAC32 to get the Jupiter
to run?

Any hints or comments are most welcome!

/Lasse