Thanks Björn:

I've got both of them on order and it's a way to start using the Z-12.  But my
L1/L2 antennas are military patch types and for the Z-12 I'd like to use a
geodetic grade (ground plane or choke ring) antenna long term.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.prc68.com

b...@lysator.liu.se wrote:
Hi Brooke,

Check  Ebay # 270386792376 &  #200243560108

They are probably dual frequency splitters. Then you connect your Z12 to a
DC-block port and either just DC-power or a fitting GPS receiver to power
the antenna through the DC-through port.

http://gpsnetworking.com/GPS-antenna-splitters.asp
http://www.gpssource.com/mysql/splitters.php

Both GPS Source and GPS Networking splitters surface on Ebay from time to
time.

The HP/Agilent/Symmetricom line of splitters are L1-only.

--

   Björn
Hi Glenn:

Yes, I've thought about doing that, but then priced a small Pomona box
at $50 and thought just getting the proper antenna would be easier and
not that much more money.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.prc68.com

Glenn Little WB4UIV wrote:
You could put a regulator on the voltage line for the antenna so that
you could use a 5 Volt antenna.

This would get you away from the specific voltage requirements for
their antenna.

73
Glenn
WB4UIV