Robert Atkinson skrev:
Hi Paul,
Glad I didn't say no aircraft clocks use a 60Hz timebase!
> I wonder if they used a commercial (non-aircraft) movement?
The design seems to break the normal aircraft design premise that a single
failure should not cause the loss of more than one duplicated system.

I can't think of a pilot not carrying his own redundant clock at his or her wrist. Also, the navigation computer has its own clock, which is the subsystem which depends most of time I would suspect, beyond what is needed for communication with the tower for movement coordinations.