Ulrich Bangert wrote:
Bill,

there are two "sleep" commands:

1) Procedure EZGPIB_TimeSleep(HowLong:Double)

2) Procedure EZGPIB_TimeWaitForMultipleOf(Seconds:LongWord)

where Howlong is in seconds and starts immediately after call. The second
one is for you if you want to keep something synchronized to the computer's
clock. EZGPIB_TimeWaitForMultipleOf(10) will sleep up to second 10, 20, 30,
50, 0 whatever is the closest. EZGPIB_TimeWaitForMultipleOf(60) will wait up
to the start of the next minute.

I am trying to use EZGPIB with a HP 5370A and I want to trigger a reading on a 10 to 30 second interval. I want the use EZGPIB to do long term comparisons of various oscillators, I am not interested (at this time)
on jitter less than tau < 1 seconds or so

I fear, that THIS not only a matter of sleeping! Please explain your
experiment more in detail. Are you doing frequency or phase measurements?

73s de Ulrich, DF6JB

I am using the 5370 for time interval measurements to compare zero crossings from the two oscillators. I want to see what the stability is over twenty four hours. I have two GPSDO's and a rubidium and three "good" quartz oscillators. I suspect that the Z3801 is drifting due to temperature changes

I want to sample the phase difference at a known rate so that I can plot the differences with out getting
a data file thats too big..

I am trying to use EZGPIB with a HP 5370A and I want to trigger a reading on a 10 to 30 second interval. I want the use EZGPIB to do long term comparisons of various oscillators, I am not interested (at this time)
on jitter less than tau < 1 seconds or so

My question is what is the PASCAL code to delay between readings. I am running Windows XP if
that makes a difference.

I don't have a book (yet) on PASCAL and I am not a programmer. I have EZGPIB displaying readings but at
what seems to be a random rate

Thanks
Bill K7NOM