Sent: Friday, August 21, 2009 10:17 PM
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Using cheap sound cards for measurements

Are USB data transfer delay times an issue? IIRC they can vary quite a lot, depending on processor loading etc.
DaveB, NZ

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Latham" <d...@montana.com> To: "Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement" <time-nuts@febo.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2009 3:42 PM

I'm looking to stay under $200, but that's why I want USB if that makes
any sense...
Don

Hal Murray

On this track, what's the group opinion as to the best USB sound
"card"? I'm looking for one for time as well as sd radio use. Should
have the best separation, best s/n, highest digitization rate, 24 bit,
etc. Any recommendations?

I'd be interested in not-quite-best or even far-from-best if the price is
right.

Is there a sweet spot on price/performance for USB audio gear?

Dr. Don Latham AJ7LL
Six Mile Systems LLP
17850 Six Mile Road
POB 134