The "Bidder Code" letters also changes, it is not fixed on a given users id.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rex" <r...@sonic.net> To: "Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement" <time-nuts@febo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 11:40 PM
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Finding out who bidders are

Interesting ideas. If only I had the time and patience to work out the list, like some of you have already done.

How about somebody stepping up and starting a webpage database of
"Who's who" in Business & Industrial / Electrical & Test Equipment
with listings like:
Bidder Code Score Rating on Date may be eBay member
    a***e             345       99%      Sep 01 2009        "someguy99"

Perhaps some of it could be automated, altough the current eBay seems to be so loaded with Java or other scripts running in my browser that even just scanning the current listings myself is getting painfully slow.

A Firefox extension that implemented this would be very sweet.

-Rex

Ed Palmer wrote:

When you combine the alias with the rating - e.g. k***u ( 862 ) - the accuracy starts to resemble crosshairs in a sniper scope.

Ed

J. Forster wrote:

Yup. It helps to know that the masked bidder ID, liks  a***f, stays
constant sale to sale. While there are only a few over 650 such
combinations, it's still pretty accurate on items with limited appeal.

-John

Hi all;
It was nice back when ebay let us know who we were bidding against, if you were up a against some heavy hitter then why waste your time, etc. Now it takes a little more work to ferret out who you're up against. What I have done is to save the feedback page for a seller of an item I may have been
out bid on. Usually within a short time the bidders feedback response
shows up on the sellers feedback page, compare the feedback score back
against the item page to check if you have the right person. Then from
that you can do a bidder search in "advanced search" and look at items bid on in the last 30 days to cross check. I then save the bidder's bid page
in a folder,  I have done that to most of us bidding time-nuts. Creepy
huh!?!

Rich 1PPS