1)    John Miles wrote:
Interesting!  500 picoseconds is a lot of drift.  Can you try 74AC390s as
well?

-- john, KE5FX

Brian replies:    Unfortunately, I did not use IC sockets....


2)    Magnus Danielson wrote:

While that may be interesting, I think we should stop here and think a little... where would a seemingly stable oscillation/beat frequency with a period of about 1250 seconds (4 cycles in 5000 seconds) come from? Also, it is being triangular as noted by Brian. The only thing I can come up with from the top of my head is power or temperature related.

The relative quietness of the TADD-2 was nice to get confirmed. I have not yet had the time to measure that with mine.

Cheers,
Magnus

Brian replies: I am also recording the voltage every 10 seconds and it does not coordinate. I live in Guntersville, Alabama and I am about 3 miles from the Guntersville Dam, where our power is generated. I monitor the power, as the voltage is quite high. The lowest voltage has been 124 volts (typically around 5 PM) and it normally cycles ups to 131 volts (around 4 AM).

3)   Bruce Griffiths wrote:

Diurnal temperature variations convolved with A/C cycling?

Alternatively modulation of the 5V Vcc supply (150mV pp) with a 22
minute period would also produce the same effect.



Brian replies: I live in a townhouse apartment and the timing room is on the second floor. Literally every air conditioner vent is shut off in the apartment, except for the timing room, which the A/C outlet is wide open. I also run a ceiling fan 24 hours and a small 12 inch oscillating fan on the floor. This keeps the timing room about 75 degrees and the rest of the apartment upstairs is 72 degrees (the 5370B is quite a heater, along with a 2.4 ghz pentium 4 computer). The air conditioner does not run much at night. I need more instrumentation if I want to watch the A/C and refrigerator...! And not only can I watch the refrigerator, if I am not careful, I'll eat everything in it !

I have about 4 more 12 hour test segments to run in series, when they are through, I will try to heavily insulate the 74HC390 divider box inside and outside and run the jitter test again on the Clark divider box. The divider is in an aluminum box about 10 inches wide, 3 inches tall, and 8 inches deep. It has a 5 volt 1 amp linear power supply inside, I believe by Power One. The divider is wired on glass epoxy perf board and is stood off the chassis by about 1 inch.

Brian KD4FM

_______________________________________________
time-nuts mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe, go to https://www.febo.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/time-nuts
and follow the instructions there.

Reply via email to