It's not necessarily a sign of a problem. In many WWVB clocks this is intentional. I know of one radio station that had one controlling an automation system and it did change, 3 hours early! The station was in CA and it changed at 9 PM the night before (the eve of the great change). I have a home type that had switched by this morning but my Spectracom 8170 had not. It requires a change in the zone-hour-offset switch in the back. This is safer than having it switch at a time when it could cause some embarrassment. Your's may have the same requirement.

Burt, K6OQK

At 07:41 PM 11/1/2009, time-nuts-requ...@febo.com wrote
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 16:26:54 -0700
From: "Majdi S. Abbas" <m...@latt.net>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] WWV Clock
To: Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement
        <time-nuts@febo.com>

On Sun, Nov 01, 2009 at 05:51:24PM -0500, Glenn Little WB4UIV wrote:
> My WWV clock at home and the master clock at the TV station that I
> am engineer for did not update to EST from EDT.
> Did anyone else see their WWV clock not change time for DST?

        WWVB does have a bit that accounts for it, but most of those
clocks just try to update once a day, and if they take a single bit
error in the minute or two they check, they'll miss it.

        Also, many of them don't truly implement the DST mechanism;
but relied on an internal calendar that told them when it would be
due, and otherwise tend to disregard that bit.

Burt I. Weiner Associates
Broadcast Technical Services
Glendale, California  U.S.A.
b...@att.net