On 12/07/2009 04:13 PM, Alexander Sack wrote:
Hi Everybody:

First post, be gentle.  I did some mail-list archive searching and it seems
that a lot of folks have used the Garmin 18x LVC as their 1PPS sync for the
desktop with varied success (5V via USB port and RS-232 for 1PPS?).  At
work, I have experience with an Endrun Cf/Ct receiver connected to a small
CDMA antennae (as well as GPS receiver) which works pretty well (I suppose
its more relative to my crappy motherboard oscillator than anything).  I
have no idea how much they run (I think the CDMA one was like $200 and
something).

What are my options in this realm?  Surprisingly enough, Googling for over
an hour didn't yield much results.  There are tons of companies that offer
various solutions but with little pricing information.  I'd be happy to hear
some suggestions OTHER THAN the Garmin 18x LVC?

(btw is there such a thing as a desktop rubidium atomic clock with 1 PPS?)

Thanks!

-aps

I'm using soekris net4501s that I modified with phk's TMR1IN hack and running nanobsd 7.2. One is fed with a trimble thunderbolt, one with a z3801a, and another with either a Fury (which is usually running with a LPRO-101 Rb unit) or whatever I happen to be experimenting with at the time.

There is a write up here:

http://www.febo.com/pages/soekris/

I did mine similar to this except, I used a mini-din for the second serial instead of the d-sub, external sma connectors for 10MHz and 1-PPS inputs, and built the clock synthesizer and pulse stretcher on 'surf board' prototype PCBs.

        Scott