Excellent comments!

John  WA4WDL

From: "mike cook" <michael.c...@wanadoo.fr>
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 4:46 PM
To: "Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement" <time-nuts@febo.com>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Beginner's time reference

----- Original Message ----- From: "jmfranke" <jmfra...@cox.net>

< snipped >
> You will often hear that time is the inverse of frequency, but the
inverse of
frequency is period or time interval.  Time is set by governments.

I agree with the the sentment, but not the last phrase.
For me time just exists. What time nuts do is to try and measure and characterise it. International organisations decide on some basic definitions and standards, such as how many ticks make a toc,
when to start counting etc, not governements.
Governements just decide on when to start the day in their patch, and when to add or subract a bit to keep the farmers and industrialists happy.

Mike NN4ACS