At 01:51 PM 12/13/2009, Charles P. Steinmetz wrote...
In my view, these are all questions, not about time, but rather about our perception of time.

Yes, he seems to have discovered Eddington's "arrow of time."

There also seems to be some confusion over the difference between the spacetime dimensions, and matter-energy. In a particular way, we don't _measure_ time or space, but express measurements in units of spacetime, such as the period between defined events or the distance between defined spatial points. But this is a pedantry - it's well understood what is meant by "measuring time and distance." Likewise, we don't measure volts, but express the measurement of a difference in electrical potential in the unit volts. So, there's nothing unique about time in this regard.