Hi

I certainly agree that, say potting the circuit board, would be a lot easier
than some of the stuff we have been talking about.

My main concern about tearing up the unit is impacting the magnetic shielding.
I assume that the outer enclosure forms part of the magnetic shield (at least
that's what the data sheets say ...).

Bob