The LED lamps that I have seen use UV LED's with a fluorescent material
in the LED to make it appear white.  I don't know what the spectrum looks
like, but to my eye it appears to be pretty white.

-Chuck Harris

Magnus Danielson wrote:
Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
In message <6755cb2a-9566-4f35-818e-38471be65...@cq.nu>, Bob Camp writes:

And now "they" are trying to do away with edison bulbs. I hope
the LED equivalents are better, because the CF bulbs seem to last
less in most home apps.

Speaking of LED lamps: I want to point out that at least over here
IKEA has a wonderful little LED lamp for the worktable.

It's a single 3W white led, at the end of a 55cm long (that's 20" for
the imperialists amongst us) "swan-neck".

LED lamps... the one thing I keep being annoyed about is the aspect of having three peaks of relative narrow spectrums rather than the normal continuous spectrum mainly being that of the temperature signature.

Anyone out there looking at the frequency spectrum of these low-energy lamps?

Colour response from few-spike lamps is not really the same than from continuous spectrums.

I use one for my small CNC-mill:

    http://ing.dk/uploads/society/content/232.png

It's called "JAN SJÖ" here, not sure if they use that name in other
geographies.

IKEA has a habit of giving all their products Swedish names for their products... worldwide. It's part of their trademark so to speak.