Hi Dan,

        Low tech. Yes! IMHO I think its easier for my mind to track an analog
indication of Delta-V. I am more analog oriented.. my son OTOH may be able to
read a last digit flickering digital display better than me!.

I am other wise thinking of a DIY gizmo:

        Mix two signals in an SBL1 or Eq.
        Take the phase/DC IF difference out
        Make a zero crossing detector or similar
        Timimg the event. Wait for the event in other words!
        Twiddle the preset again and see what happens.

        The human mind does a lot more processing than the above with an analog
display..

Cheers
Raj, vu2zap

--