Hi Bob:

I have been studying digital scopes for some time and have the Rigol DS1052E on the way.
http://www.prc68.com/I/RigolDS1052E.shtml
Rigol may make the low end scopes that are sold by Agilent. This model goes for a little over $400 and gets excellent reviews (links on the above web page).

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com

Bob Camp wrote:
Hi

Of course the other option is to *finally* break down and buy a digital scope.
They've been out there for>  20 years now.

Yes, I did indeed cross over to the dark side last week....

Bob