I don't believe that there is a 1pps available to the OS.

The GPS chipset seems to provide a very limited amount of data to the phone. For example, there does not appear to be any way to get satellite status info from the GPS chip to the OS. At least none of the apps I've tried thus far (and I've tried a fair number) provide anything like that.

Tom Frank