John Allen wrote:
A few notes about the connector.

First, I hate BNC connectors.

But the BNC is useable to 11 GHz (No vswr spec.), and has a VSWR spec. of 1.3:1
up to 4 GHz.  (See link below, about half way down the page.)
http://www.amphenolrf.com/products/bnc.asp?N=0&sid=4BAAA780568BE17F&;

The application is not a precision one except for frequency - Power transfer
inaccuracy due to return loss is not a big deal here, we are not using it in a
VNA or power meter etc.
PS: Would anybody be interested in testing an SMA to BNC-F and BNC-M to SMA pair
on a VNA?

Further, some BNC adapters (to SMA) are specified. to 8 GHz. With 1.25:1 VSWR
Also - here is a BNC to SMA bulkhead with 10 GHz VSWR max of 1.4:1
http://www.fairviewmicrowave.com/adaptersbncsma.htm (Bottom middle).

Now if only we could find a SMA to SMA bulkhead that fit in a BNC mounting
hole...

John Allen K1AE

I think I've seen hermetic sealed feedthrough for applications like vacuum chambers that fit in a larger than normal hole. But they're probably also really, really expensive.