Hi all,

I have used a Trimble Thunderbolt for several years as a source for accurate 10MHz signals for counters and signal generators. I have occasionally looked at the Thunderbolt with a laptop and Lady Heather, but have largely treated the Thunderbolt as a plug-and-play-and-forget-about-it device.

Several weeks ago I acquired one of the fluke.l monitors and attached it to the Thunderbolt, placing the fluke.l in a location such that I see it every time I walk into my shop. To my dismay, after watching the fluke.l for a while, I discovered that my Thunderbolt rarely sees satellites. I then began more intense monitoring with Lady Heather, finding that the Thunderbolt will on rare occasions show one satellite as usable, most of the time none.

Another Thunderbolt, purchased in May, 2008, when they were sold on this list, routinely see 4-8 satellites when connected to the same antenna.

Input voltage to the poor performing unit is about 28VDC. I did the tboltmon.exe Factory Reset with no discernible difference in performance. It is the Thunderbolt model in the aluminum housing with the red and black Trimble Thunderbolt label on top.

Any thoughts as to what's wrong with it?

Steve

--
Read The Patriot Post    Vertitas vos Liberabit