I read the article on PID on Wikipedia last night. I do not fully understand it, but I see/learning some of the relationship.

I did a test on the FRS-C rubidium. The average frequency was 10 000 000.0025 hertz at the rubidium 10 turn dial dial setting of 255, and the control voltage out of the pot was 1.7900 volts. I recorded the frequency for a while and then changed frequency to see how long it took to get there. I changed the dial setting to 516 (3.5800V) and it took 8 seconds for the rubidium to change frequency and settle on a average frequency of 10, 000 000.0131 hertz.

I did another test and the rubidium dial setting was 000 for a control voltage of 0.068V and the average frequency was 9 999 999.9933 hertz. The dial setting was changed to 721 for a control voltage of 4.9999V and the average frequency was 10 000 000.0216 hertz

The measurements were taken with a HP5370B time interval counter referenced to a HP5065A rubidium oscillator. The data was recorded using a ProLogix GPIB adapter. The data was recorded in 10 minute intervals with the data coming in at one measurement a second. When the frequency was changed, I allowed 20 minutes between the recordings.

Based on the above measurements, Said, can you recommend some starting point for the DAC Gain, EFC Scale, and the EFC Damping ?

Also from previous measurements, I know this particular rubidium was at 9x10E-11 at 0.1 sec, 1.8x10E-11 at 1 second, 5x10E-12 at 10 seconds, 1.5x10E-12 at 100 seconds, 7x10E-13 for 1000 seconds, and 2.5x10E-13 for 10000 seconds - running on a Shera GPS controller - which the PIC was modified for this rubidium (it was changed from a 30 second time interval measurement to 120 seconds, and Shera changed the sensitivity of the PIC to 1X10-9/volt).

Thanks to Don and Scott for the ops info.

Thanks

Brian KD4FM