The Scientific American guy is Stong.  The Procedures in Experimental
Physics guy is Strong.

I have original copies of each, and they are fun bedside readers.

-Chuck Harris

J. Forster wrote:
Nope. "Proceedures in Experimental Physics". A different Strong.

-John

================

I think the book referred to is The Scientific American Book
of Projects for the Amateur Scientist by C. L. Stong (no "r' in Stong)
I too used to just read it - great book.  It's a collection of some of
"The
Amateur Scientist" columns by Stong from Scientific American
magazine.  Unfortunately it's out of print and used copies can be a
bit pricey or hard to find.  There is a great deal available, however - a
complete collection of all of "The Amateur Scientist" columns ever
published on a CD for $27.  If anyone is interested, the link is

http://www.brightscience.com/

                 Francis