On 11/28/2010 09:42 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
In message<75891fad-425d-4081-999a-3864a6057...@standingwave.org>, Peter Loron
  writes:

Hello folks. I have a box of oscillators that I'm trying to get the
datasheet for. Google and the CTS website haven't been helpful.

Most interestingly, this thing has 5 pins. The label on the box says the
customer was Agilent.

Any ideas? Thanks.

The frequency sounds like something that could be related to SONET
communications...

Doesn't match up very well... 42,192 MHz doesn't have suitably even numbers to any of the rates. Factorisation gives

42192 kHz = 2^4 * 3^2 * 293 kHz

The SDH/SONET rate of 155,52 Mb/s breaks up as

155520 kHz = 2^7 * 3^5 * 5 kHz

Other SDH/SONET clocks is /3, /8, *4, *16, *64, *256 variants of the above, and sometimes for internal use other sub-divisions. The /8 variant is often seen as 19,44 MHz.

I can't come up with a suitable PDH rate either.

We are looking for a system where 293 turns up, and SDH/SONET isn't it.

Cheers,
Magnus - does SDH/SONET clocking for a living