Hi Tim:

That's a fantastic $/ns value. Does the supplied software have a provision to set the PC clock?

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com

Tim Tuck wrote:
Just joined the list and noticed the discussion about finding a cheap USB GPS with PPS on it.

You might like to check these out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/MG1613S-Bluetooth-RS232-USB-UART-GPS-Module-Demo-Board-/230555471914?

or buy direct from them here...

http://www.sureelectronics.net/category.php?id=5

I'm using one plugged into an ALIX 2d2 with Debian linux and GPSD/NTP. It makes for a nice 12volt NTP server for portable use.

PPS is available at a test point on the board and I noticed that ALL the interfaces are active at the same time !

I was able to monitor it over 232, USB and BlueTooth simultaneously from different PC's

For ~$40 including the antenna and free postage they're a bargain !

very nice :)

regards

Tim