Another factor to consider is that ps stability requires using coax connectors that are mechanically stable to within a few microns ie no BNCs.

Bruce

Don Latham wrote:
I agree about the ebay finds. Bad to design the boards form factor around
old chassis.
Maybe the thing is to find out from the electronic design how big the
board(s) will have to be or what the electronic footprint is, then go from
there? If the boards are designed so that idiosyncratic mounting is
possible, we can all mount them according to our own taste?

Don

Chris Albertson
You can't plan a project like this around eBay junk.  How would you
assemble
100 kits if each kit requires that you find a specific HP instrument on
eBay?

If cost is a big issue then I'll go back to my first idea.  Make your PCB
about
the size os a disk drive.  Then yu get a llength od 1 x 1/4 inch aluminum
and bend it into a three sided "U" and attach it to three sides of the
PCB.

The finished assembly should fit into any enclusre designed to hold SATA
disk drives.  A PC case could work but there are nicer looking boxes, rack
mount and diesktop

This trades a bit of metal working for the cost of a Hammond box.  But
the metal work requires only a hack say and drill.