Also, I already have it in the garage and does not feel overly scared by
it. I also have some Americum in a smoke-detector. There is also uranium
in the ground, causing background radiation.

yes, all true, but this is what causes my wife to worry that she will come home from work and find a crew in bunny suits outside our house.

When I was an undergrad at UCLA, the local chapter of the Committee to Bridge the Gap made radiation measurements on the roof of Boelter Hall (wherein there was a decommissioned reactor) and discovered "bigger than nominal background" . Their excitement was tempered when it was discovered that the aggregate used in the concrete was granite from from the local mountains, which has a moderately high concentration of hornblende, and, hence has about double the usual background emissions.