Hi list,
as my Thunderbolt is now nicely cooking for a few weeks now, I am wondering what a typically achievable ambient temperature stability/variation is in your setups.

Of course, a more stable environment is better, but currently I am struggling to achieve more than +-0.5 K variation on the temperature reading on a weekend.. during working days (when I am around in the lab), the variations are as much as 3 times higher.

I am just wondering, if I should rather worry more about high temperature gradients rather than excursions from a mean value, as slow variation can be compensated by the control loop while for quick changes, the loop is just too slow :)

73s Achim, DH2VA