Hi:

More than half the electrolytic caps in this Heathkit GC-1000 Most Accurate Clock are bad and I'm trying to come up with modern replacements.
http://www.prc68.com/I/HeathkitGC1000.shtml#Rx

The Tone Decoder board uses a couple of NE567 PLL ICs to capture the 100 Hz and 1000 Hz WWV tones. Heathkit used Tantalum caps for the PLL output filter. I'd think something like a low loss electrolytic or plastic cap would be better.
http://www.prc68.com/I/HeathkitGC1000.shtml#TB

Also how about using Aluminum Organic Polymer caps (where there are replacements) instead of the plain electrolytic caps? The plan is to replace all the electrolytic and tantalum caps since the ones that are now OK may fail in the near future.

Any thoughts?

--
Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke