That is true, the SAM7X... are very nice. ... The bad thing is that they have
Ethernet but no phy, so an external phy must be used.
In that respect, for an application using Ethernet I would use a Luminary, that has
both MAC&  PHY on-chip and only needs the magnetic ...
Regards,

Javier

I didn't know the Luminary parts had a phy. Nice.
Except for development boards ($100) the chips ($10) seem to be unobtainium at
the moment. Although that will change.

John

Yes, the most interesting ones seems so. I also hope that this will change... I expect to use them shortly :) A lot of them are readily available, particularly the LM3S8962 with Ethernet but no USB. But the nicer ones, LM3S9B92 and LM3S9B96, seems are not so.

I've played around a bit with (less than I would like) with the LM3S9B92 and the LM3S8962, and seems quite good, but not yet used them in a real design.

BTW the LQFP-100 are not very hard to get hand-soldered, once you get used to :)

Regards,

Javier

Javier Herrero                            EMAIL: jherr...@hvsistemas.com
Chief Technology Officer
HV Sistemas S.L.                          PHONE:         +34 949 336 806
Los Charcones, 17                         FAX:           +34 949 336 792
19170 El Casar - Guadalajara - Spain      WEB: http://www.hvsistemas.com