Many moons ago I remember having discussions
about the performance of 32k768 benders. We
used them in pacemakers, mother natures 37.0
deg crystal ovens. For the watch chip designers
the temp curves were a part of their lives. The
daily usage was a part of the plan for where to set
the rock. The wrist temperature is a part of it and
the number of hours each day on the wrist. For
watches that sat unworn the times drifted a bunch.
I believe that that was the origin of the 4M194304
references which started showing up on the fancy
translate spensive, watches.

Imagine drift numbers for a watch sitting on a
dresser in an unheated cabin over winter months
and one closer to the Equator. Not an easy way
to compensate the drift without a temp tracker
and a varactor in the watch. I guess that that is
now old news.

Greg