On 4/20/2011 3:02 PM, Murray Greenman wrote:
Joe,
If all you need is a fixed 10MHz source, you might be better getting an
Efratom LPRO-101, which are available from the same sources. The
LPRO-101 doesn't need a heatsink,
Not so Murray, it really does need one, similar to the FEI.
and does not have the confusing array
of different versions and options that the FEI units suffer from.
Very true.

I just got 6 Datum LPRO-101s for a particular application that needs 10 MHz only and they seem very user friendly with a lot of good interfacing information in the manual. They need a single 19 to 24 Volt supply which is line with a lot of time nut stuff. Stability etc., seems about equivalent to that of the FEI unit I tried, but it has a simple C-Field adjustment.

They can be had in the US for less than $40 plus shipping.

Dan