On 5/18/11 2:18 AM, iov...@inwind.it wrote:
Michael wrote:
You are right, the right value for the crystal would be about 32859.27, but
thought that such a difference could be compensated in the circuitry,
that's
why I omitted the decimals.

before you get into grinding I have a question on your chosen frequency.
It doesn't square for me.

     1,002737909350795  solar/sidereal time ratio

              x 32768  crystal frequency

32857,72   required frequency for sidereal clock with 2^15 divider chain

I agree with your calculation.

Here I ask Jim Lux for help, as when I wrote the first post I simply took that
value from his article without re-checking.

http://www.techbriefs.com/component/content/article/2299

I think there was an error in that article (most likely a typo somewhere in the transcription process). I'll go check. But your calculation above is correct.